Spouse/Dependent Benefits

Benefits for Military Spouses and Dependents

Are you looking for military benefits for college so you can earn your education while your spouse, parent, or provider is in the military? Ohio Business College’s military friendly school provides flexible programs designed to meet the needs of military spouses and children. Follow the steps below that match your situation.

If you are a spouse or child using Transfer of Entitlement and have never used your benefits before, you must:

  • Submit VA 22-1990e online through VONAPP after DOD has approved the request for transferability of education benefits and present copies to the Certifying Official.
  • Present your Certificate of Eligibility to the Certifying Official
  • Submit the 22-2384-1 signed by Commanding Officer or Designee to the Selected Reserve Education Assistance Program for the Certifying Official.

If you are a survivor or dependent and have never used your benefits before, you must:

  • Complete an Application for Survivor’s and Dependents Benefits VA 22-5490 and submit it to the Certifying Official.

If you have used your VA benefits before at another school or changed your academic program since last certification:

  • Veterans must complete a VA 22-1995 and submit it to a Certifying Official.
  • Survivors and Dependents must complete a VA 22-5495 and submit it to the Certifying Official.